We use natural fibres that can be reused or will biodegrade at the end of their life
We don't use fire retardant chemicals in any of our products, but always meet fire safety standards
Made by hand to order in Devon, using wool from local Organic farms
Rest assured, if your mattress arrives and isn’t right for you, we’ll exchange it for one that is
Organic Handcrafted Double Beds Made In The UK
All of our double beds are made to order at our bedworks, on the banks of the River Exe in Devon. Our team of skilled craftsmen use organic and sustainable materials such as FSC approved wood and locally sourced wool bought directly from organic farms within a 50 mile radius.
Your double bed can be finished off in your choice of colour - the photos below will give some inspiration, but click through to select fabrics and see the bed in different colours. Our fabric range includes velvet, linen, chenille and wool, as well as our very own GOTS certified organic house linen.
We understand that the bed is the centrepiece of the room, so it needs to be just right. To help you decide you can order free fabric swatches here. If you’d like to see the beds for yourself, come to our showrooms in Devon and London, where you can see a selection of our designs and our extended range of fabrics.
- The Clovelly BedFrom £740.00
- The Appledore BedFrom £1,180.00
- The Haldon BedFrom £1,420.00
- The Exmouth Low Platform BedFrom £970.00
- The Another BedFrom £2,585.00
- The Prideaux BedFrom £600.00
- The Fiador BedFrom £700.00
- The Stella BedFrom £700.00
- The Dartmouth BedFrom £970.00
- The Halyard BedFrom £590.00
- The Lanyard BedFrom £580.00
- The Sommeil BedFrom £1,390.00
- The Sommeil Bed Without FootendFrom £1,290.00
- The Vanstone BedFrom £720.00
- The Eva Bed Without StorageFrom £630.00
- The Eva BedFrom £1,370.00
- The Carrick BedFrom £620.00
- The Saltram BedFrom £620.00
Can’t see quite what you’re looking for? We can create completely bespoke beds to your specification. Whether you’re looking for an unusual size, have a particular look in mind, or want to cover it in your own choice of fabric, just contact us to discuss it. We make bespoke beds for interior designers, hotels and homes every day so give us a challenge and our designers and production team will be happy to rise to it!
We are well known for our organic mattresses, but we have proudly developed a range of bedding that adheres to our sustainable ethos. Have a look at the Naturalmat bedding collection to complete your new bed.
Each bed is made to order, which takes 3-4 weeks. Our delivery team will contact you as we put the finishing touches on your bed to arrange a delivery time that suits you. The bed will be delivered to your bedroom and put together for you. All you need to do is add your favourite mattress, some cosy bedding...and relax!