Our top quality hand crafted mattresses are made from the finest organic materials to help you sleep well. Nevertheless we thought it might be worth sharing some of our favourite tips with you about getting your very best night's sleep.
1. Make time for sleep. We all live very busy lives these days but it is crucial to relax at some point too. Try to wind down before going to sleep, such as taking a bath or listening to quiet music.
2. Find the correct number of hours you need in order for you to feel awake the next day. Eight hours per night might be right for some but we are all different and age and lifestyle can often impact how much sleep we require. Find out what works best for you.
3. Invest in a good bed. We spend one third of our lives in bed which means that it’s important to make it as comfortable as possible. If you are in the market for a new adult mattress view our ranges here.
4. Physical exercise during the day can help you to get a good night’s sleep. This can help relieve the stresses and strains of the day. Remember not to exercise right before bedtime as this can have the opposite effect and can keep you awake for longer.
5. Too much stimulation before bed can stop you from sleeping. Up to 30 minutes before bed time discourage the use of televisions, computers and telephones. Sleeping can often be difficult when you have just checked your emails and then get straight into bed. Take time to get your body relaxed and ready to fall asleep.
6. Create a bedtime routine. Keep regular sleeping hours and your body will programme itself to sleep at that time.
7. Create the perfect sleeping environment. Your bedroom should be a place where you can actually rest. Try to make it a quiet and comfortable place both in terms of the level of comfort your bed provides and ensure it’s kept at the right temperature. A room that is too hot or too cold can often lead to waking during the night.
8. Caffeine can often interfere with a good night’s sleep. Aim to cut down the amount of tea or coffee you have in the evenings and you may be amazed by the results.
9. Overindulging can often lead to an interrupted night’s sleep. Try to avoid eating large meals or drinking too much alcohol before bedtime.
10. If you can’t sleep it will only make things worse if you lie in bed thinking about it. Get up and do something relaxing until you start to feel sleepy again.