Handmade in Devon using organic materials which are naturally breathable and self-ventilating to help baby regulate their body temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Mattress made to fit the Boori Cot Bed (132cm x 70cm x 15cm)
- Cot bed not included
- dual support mattress, ideal from newborn to toddler and beyond, simply turn the mattress as baby grows
- Supportive coir side for newborns and a springier latex side for older children
- Hand nested pocket springs
- Organic coir (coconut fibre) for support and breathability
- Natural latex from the rubber tree
- Organic lambswool for softness and insulation
- Quilted cover for softness and comfort
- Removable machine washable cotton cover (60°C)
- Cotton mattress cover with an OEKO-TEX® certified hypoallergenic treatment to protect against bed bugs, dust mites, mosquitos and moths
- Chemical free, non-toxic and naturally fire retardant.
- 5 year manufacturers guarantee
- Complies with all standards (BS7177, BS 1877 Part 10, BS 71/3 & BS 5852)
- Free delivery in 10 working days
We recommend using with our mattress protector, sold separately
Organic Coir The central ingredient in our mattresses, coir, is the husk of the coconut. It is extremely breathable and self ventilating which helps your child regulate their body temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep. The husk is stripped, soaked, dried and twisted to create a miniature coil and then pressed into sheets of springy fibre that are simply perfect for mattresses. All our coir is grown exclusively for us in Sri Lanka on the only certified organic coconut plantation. Coir is wonderfully sustainable and 100% of the nut is used.
Organic Lambswool Our organic lambswool is sourced from Soil Association certified farms in Devon, Dorset and Somerset, all within 50 miles of Naturalmat HQ in Topsham. Wool is a fantastic natural insulator, helping to regulate temperature keeping you cosy in winter and cool in summer, it is also inherently fire retardant. Our organic lambswool is anti-dust mite and gives allergy protection.
Natural Latex Natural latex is a healthy alternative to synthetic foam found in other mattress. It is hypoallergenic, offers protection from dust mites and is incredibly elastic ensuring comfort and spring. Our latex foam is is made from the sap of the Hevea rubber tree. The sap is whisked to inject thousands of lovely ventilating air bubbles, so the finished product can breathe naturally.
Springs Our springs are hand nested in pure cotton pockets and surrounded by layers of natural and organic fibres.
Pure Cotton Cover Our mattress cover is removable and machine washable at 60°C to keep it clean and healthy (dust mites are killed in 57°C). All the cotton we use is 100% unbleached, undyed and natural so is perfect for babies sensitive skin and children with allergies.
Every great idea starts with a moment of inspiration. Ours, rather unusually, came on the high seas, some twenty years ago. Both keen sailors, we struggled to understand why mattresses on boats were so uncomfortable. So, on the banks of the River Exe, we began handmaking natural fibre mattresses that breathed, were fabulously comfortable, and fitted neatly into a boat’s awkward spaces.
Another lightbulb moment came after the birth of Mark’s first child. If we could make eco-friendly mattresses for boats, why not babies, too? After all, they didn’t deserve to be sleeping on the harmful toxins found in synthetic materials. With this in mind, we started crafting mattresses for babies with the same pure, properly certified organic materials. We soon discovered that parents were delighted with our eco-conscious approach and, understandably, wanted the same for themselves. And with that, Naturalmat was born.
Other customers also bought
Some of our complementary products