Made using entirely organic materials which are naturally breathable to help regulate air flow and body temperature. The Coco Mat is the most breathable of our child natural fibre mattresses and offers firm support.
- Organic coir (coconut fibre) for support and breathability
- Organic lambswool for softness and insulation
- Cotton mattress cover with an OEKO-TEX® certified hypoallergenic treatment to protect against bed bugs, dust mites, mosquitos and moths
- Quilted cover for softness and comfort
- Hypoallergenic and anti-microbial - perfect for asthma and eczema sufferers
- Chemical free, non-toxic and naturally fire retardant
- 5 year manufacturers guarantee
- Complies with all standards (BS7177, BS 1877 Part 10, BS 71/3 & BS 5852)
- Approx depth 10cm (cot/cotbed size) and 14cm (small single/single/long single size)
We recommend using with our mattress protector, sold separately
Organic Coir The central ingredient in our mattresses, coir, is the husk of the coconut. It is extremely breathable and self ventilating which helps your child regulate their body temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep. The husk is stripped, soaked, dried and twisted to create a miniature coil and then pressed into sheets of springy fibre that are simply perfect for mattresses. All our coir is grown exclusively for us in Sri Lanka on the only certified organic coconut plantation. Coir is wonderfully sustainable and 100% of the nut is used.
Organic Lambswool Our organic lambswool is sourced from Soil Association certified farms in Devon, Dorset and Somerset, all within 50 miles of Naturalmat HQ in Topsham. Wool is a fantastic natural insulator, helping to regulate temperature keeping you cosy in winter and cool in summer, it is also inherently fire retardant.
Pure Cotton Cover Our mattress cover is removable and machine washable at 60°C to keep it clean and healthy (dust mites are killed in 57°C). All the cotton we use is 100% unbleached, undyed and natural so is perfect for babies sensitive skin and children with allergies.
Every great idea starts with a moment of inspiration. Ours, rather unusually, came on the high seas, some twenty years ago. Both keen sailors, we struggled to understand why mattresses on boats were so uncomfortable. So, on the banks of the River Exe, we began handmaking natural fibre mattresses that breathed, were fabulously comfortable, and fitted neatly into a boat’s awkward spaces.
Another lightbulb moment came after the birth of Mark’s first child. If we could make eco-friendly mattresses for boats, why not babies, too? After all, they didn’t deserve to be sleeping on the harmful toxins found in synthetic materials. With this in mind, we started crafting mattresses for babies with the same pure, properly certified organic materials. We soon discovered that parents were delighted with our eco-conscious approach and, understandably, wanted the same for themselves. And with that, Naturalmat was born.
Other customers also bought
Some of our complimentary products