Handmade in Devon using organic materials which are naturally breathable and self-ventilating to help baby regulate their body temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Ideal for older babies and growing children
- A core of long horsetail fibres for superior spring and firm support
- Organic coir (coconut fibre) for support and breathability
- Soft mohair from the Angora Goat for luxurious softness and superior insulation
- Quilted cover for softness and comfort
- Removable machine washable cotton cover (60°C) in cot and cotbed size*
- Cotton mattress cover with an OEKO-TEX® certified hypoallergenic treatment to protect against bed bugs, dust mites, mosquitos and moths
- Chemical free, non-toxic and naturally fire retardant.
- 5 year manufacturers guarantee
- Complies with all standards (BS7177, BS 1877 Part 10 & BS 5852-2:1982)
- Approx depth 11cm (cot/cotbed size) and 14cm (small single/single/long single size)
We recommend using with our mattress protector, sold separately
*We recommend using "delicate" machine cycle to avoid any shrinkage
Organic Coir - The central ingredient in our mattresses, coir, is the husk of the coconut. It is extremely breathable and self ventilating which helps your child regulate their body temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep. The husk is stripped, soaked, dried and twisted to create a miniature coil and then pressed into sheets of springy fibre that are simply perfect for mattresses. All our coir is grown exclusively for us in Sri Lanka on the only certified organic coconut plantation. Coir is wonderfully sustainable and 100% of the nut is used.
Mohair - Mohair is the long, lustrous fleece from the under belly of the Angora goat, which is naturally found in the southern hemisphere. Similar to cashmere, it is an extremely soft and fine fibre with excellent heat regulating properties, keeping your child warm in winter and cool in summer.
Horsehair - Traditionally this is the most favoured of all mattress fillings as you get the most amount of spring from the longest natural fibre, which, no surprises, comes from the horse’s tail. It is wonderfully soft but incredibly strong and naturally antibacterial. This highly resilient fibre is brilliant at wicking away moisture from the body and dissipating it into the air.
Pure Cotton Cover - Our mattress cover is removable and machine washable at 60°C to keep it clean and healthy (dust mites are killed in 57°C). All the cotton we use is 100% unbleached, undyed and natural so is perfect for babies sensitive skin and children with allergies.