Handmade in Devon using organic materials which are naturally breathable and self-ventilating to help baby regulate their body temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep.
As they grow older, some children prefer a medium support mattress which has more movement - The Quilted Spring Mat has child-sized pocket springs surrounded by natural fibres so you get all the benefits of natural fibres with the feel of a pocket sprung mattress.
Award-Winning Toddler Mattress:
- Nursery Neccessary Silver in the 2018 MadeForMums Awards
- Silver and Consumer Choice in the 2017 Best Baby & Toddler Gear Awards
- A dual support mattress, ideal from toddler and beyond, simply turn the mattress as the child grows
- Supportive coir side for toddlers and a springier latex side for older children*
- Organic coir (coconut fibre) for support and breathability
- Natural latex from the rubber tree
- Organic lambswool for softness and insulation
- Quilted cover for softness and comfort
- Removable machine washable cotton cover (60°C) in cot and cotbed size*
- Cotton mattress cover with an OEKO-TEX® certified hypoallergenic treatment to protect against bed bugs, dust mites, mosquitos and moths
- Chemical free, non-toxic and naturally fire retardant
- 5 year manufacturers guarantee
- Complies with all standards (BS7177, BS 1877 Part 10 & BS 5852-2:1982)
- Approx depth 15cm (cot/cotbed size) and 17cm (small single/single/long single size)
We recommend using with our mattress protector, sold separately
***We recommend using "delicate" machine cycle to avoid any shrinkage
****The softer springier latex side is with label up!
Organic Coir: The central ingredient in our mattresses, coir, is the husk of the coconut. It is extremely breathable and self ventilating which helps your child regulate their body temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep. The husk is stripped, soaked, dried and twisted to create a miniature coil and then pressed into sheets of springy fibre that are simply perfect for mattresses. All our coir is grown exclusively for us in Sri Lanka on the only certified organic coconut plantation. Coir is wonderfully sustainable and 100% of the nut is used.
Organic Lambswool: Our organic lambswool is sourced from Soil Association certified farms in Devon, Dorset and Somerset, all within 50 miles of Naturalmat HQ in Topsham. Wool is a fantastic natural insulator, helping to regulate temperature keeping you cosy in winter and cool in summer, it is also inherently fire retardant. Our organic lambswool is bathed in a mixture of essential oils of lavender, lemon and eucalyptus which makes them anti-dust mite and gives allergy protection.
Pure Cotton Cover: Our mattress cover is removable and machine washable at 60°C to keep it clean and healthy (dust mites are killed in 57°C). All the cotton we use is 100% unbleached, undyed and natural so is perfect for babies sensitive skin and children with allergies.